Monday, March 28, 2011

ampersand & eek


ampersand & eek, originally uploaded by wood & wool stool.

I'm a fan of the ampersand and Piet Hein Eek.

The ampersand is cool and my favorite character, even if it is not a real character.

In HTML the & always looks a bit strange, with 'amp' stuck behind.

& about Piet Hein Eek:
Besides all the scrap wood designs, this table lamp is one of my favorites too.

The wire lamp with Italian silk tie shade is a stunning design and I'm not fan of neckties.
Never thought I ever could be so happy, accompanied by an orange dotted tie.

11 comments:

  1. Wow that looks nice and made of a mens tie, maybe I should plunder my husbands closet too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. die & is fantastisch, de kleur! Ik houd ook erg van 'ampersands' ;-) &fabrics, lv grt Rozalinde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Ingrid, best buy of 2011 - or the second best buy? Also HTLM? HTML ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ja ik vind het & teken ook zo mooi. De vorm maar ook waar t voor staat, ik kan slecht kiezen dus is & vaak een oplossing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learn something today, I didn't know that it was called that, now it will not puzzle me any more when I see 'amp' in my blog reading list!:D
    Great lamp! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mooi plaatje. Zag dit kussen. Zou er leuk bijpassen: http://www.snapretail.com/product.asp?p_id=57187&LinkID=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ampersand... what an intriguing word... I'd never heard it before! (learning lots of things from blogging ;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. The table lamp is just perfect. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love him - he is cool and ampersand is brilliant. Love what you do - I think your work is brilliant, so following your blog. Hope you come and see me sometime - maybe you'll follow me back :O)
    A xx
    http://anyaadores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete