Sunday, December 21, 2014

christmas in augustus

x-mas at villa augustusx-mas at villa augustusx-mas at villa augustusx-mas at villa augustusx-mas at villa augustusx-mas at villa augustusx-mas at villa augustusx-mas at villa augustusx-mas at villa augustus

Augustus wrapped in Christmas cheer.

For the 8th consecutive year, I took care of the Christmas decorations in Augustus.
Ah, lovely jubbly! (remember Del Boy?)

Last Thursday I decorated the huge chandelier in the restaurant with paper 'snow crystal' garlands.

The big tree and other decorations I did the next day.

Early this Sunday morning, before the guests arrived, I photographed the Christmas atmosphere, because it is such a beautiful tradition.
Just to briefly reflect upon the wow effect...

Because sometimes I forget how outrageously cool this place actually is.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely as ever! Well done, Ingrid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fishes, can't find them anywhere in DK :"(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big bunny is jumping over the table :)
    I like this decorations a lot and the same about your blog, which I discover some time ago. Happy Chrismas to You :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created a lovely Xmas atmosphere as you always do. Love that chandelier, it is amazing! Villa Augustus is one of the most enchanting places I've ever stayed at. Wish you Happy Christmas with all your loved ones. Muchos cariƱos, Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've loved reading your blog so much this year so thank you for all the wonderful posts! The villa looks amazing and is definitely on a list of places I'd love to visit one day when I've saved my pennies. A very happy Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely! Always such a visual treat to visit your blog! Happy holidays to you and yours. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. O jee, ik geloof dat ik verliefd ben... die kerstbal in de vorm van een ananas! SUPER!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Het ziet er geweldig uit! We komen zaterdag kijken hebben we gepland.
    Fijne kerstdagen voor jou en je gezin.
    Groetjes,
    Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful Christmas tree!! Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prachtig!! Een heel coole werkplek, lijkt me het zeker. Wij komen er heel graag, voor een taartje of diner. Nog steeds een aanwinst voor Dordt! :-) Fijne feestdagen!

    ReplyDelete