Wednesday, February 7, 2018

eindhoven

eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven eindhoven

Sunday in Eindhoven.

Vintage hunting with friends at LOODS 040 in Eindhoven.

Between all the unique pieces, I spotted a set of 3 vintage tulip chairs.
Only for sale as a set, so I suggested my friends to join me to make a deal.
Marieke agreed right away to buy one chair and I 'didn't mind' to take the other two chairs. Everyone happy!

We made a "Wie van de Drie" photo (the Dutch version of the American television quiz "To Tell the Truth" from the 80-s), although my younger friends didn't know the quiz and set with the tulip chairs for the panel and participants...
We had so much fun nonetheless, Mick acted as the quizmaster in the background...

It was freezing cold in the warehouse, so we left for lunch at Pien Hein Eek, to recover from the cold.

After lunch we went for inspiration to the shop & showroom and we visited an exhibition of Jan van der Ploeg in the gallery upstairs.
In short, we had a wonderful day together.

Monday morning I cleaned the vintage arm chairs (all ugly scratches, stickers and dirt went off) and in next blogpost I will show you, how perfect they are at the reading table.

Although they are not the original Tulip Arm Chairs by Eero Saarinen, they sure are lookalikes, but I haven't found out yet, who the designer is...
Anyone a clu?

3 comments:

  1. We had a vintage dining table and chairs that were a copy made by the factory in the US licensed to make the originals. I think they made them after the license in the US expired...They were from the 70s and we loved them in spite of them not being the real deal. Maybe yours are the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nicola, they might be copies and I don't mind eighter... they are stylish anyway :-)

      Delete
  2. Eindhoven is altijd een goed idee! Toffe vintage spullen en die stoelen zijn een plaatje! Altijd fijn bij zoiets Hein Eek te zijn en wat zijn je laarzen tof!

    ReplyDelete