Saturday, November 24, 2018

workspace

workspace workspace workspace workspace workspace workspace workspace workspace workspace

A workplace is a place that feeds your imagination. Creating a 'perfect' studio won't happen overnight, it's a growing process and that's how it should be.

A few weeks ago we started creating a studio in Pippa's old bedroom. The idea was to create something new with nothing new.

Enough stuff in da house to redecorate this workspace, nothing new, no purchases, but furnished with items that were stored in the attic.

My wool stock (previously spread throughout the house), moroccan rugs, personal souvenirs, books, my home office (which started taking over half the kitchen table), vintage letters, stools (in all possible variations), etc etc...

Oh wait, something comes to mind...Correction, there is something new. Some new 40x60 cm photo frames. I printed my favorite photographs from Marrakech (and a few from Sicily).

Obviously I will often work at the kitchen table, but in that case I only need my laptop. It's really great to have 'everything together' in one place. I am full of ideas and love to work (or just be) in my new studio. The place still has to 'grow', anyway the good vibe is already there.

1 comment:

  1. Het is zo fijn om nu een ruimte te maken waar je alles bij de hand hebt. Dat heb ik ook nu de kinderen de deur uit zijn, maar zit nog steeds vaak aan de eettafel, gewoonte he.

    ReplyDelete