Sunday, March 1, 2020

eyes like a shutter, mind like a lens

eyes like a shutter, mind like a lens

eyes like a shutter, mind like a lens...

Not a day goes by without photography.
Whether with the camera or my iPhone.

I have been taking photographs for more than 30 years, and not only during holidays, mainly family pictures, but also interior photography, street photography and occasionally portraits.

I was a Flickr member long before the Instagram era. Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world.

Sometimes I miss the time, when we took pictures and had to wait a few days until the film roll was developed. With only 24 shots, sometimes 36.

On the attic we have a hundred photo albums, with analog photos.

Needles to say, we took more photos, since we got our first digital camera, but fewer were printed.

Later on we joined Flickr and used it as a cloud and backup for our digital photos, and we still do.

Since 2007 we have been making an anual photo yearbook, with a selection of 150 full-page photos.

I never call myself a photographer, however I often 'observe' and the image seems a photo, that simply has to be captured...

No comments:

Post a Comment