Friday, May 7, 2021

the knitted spencer - an ongoing trend

knitted spencer pattern knitted spencer pattern

The ongoing trend of the knitted spencer!

Already in 2018 I designed an easy to follow knitting pattern for a checkered spencer. Remember the knitted checkered spencer? It's knitted in one piece, easy to make in no time.

It seemed a perfect piece in my wardrobe, so I made a striped version as well. Actually you can let your imagination run wild with this basic spencer pattern.

Last week I made another striped spencer, this time with diagonal stripes. I made it with yarn leftovers and because I ran out of yellow I also used some pink tweedyarn for the back piece, which I knitted in a freestyle striped pattern.

I love the color combination and the totally different look of it.

The spencer trend will continue this summer, it truly is a stylish item. You can simply mix it with anything. Wear it as a top or over a t-shirt with (long) sleeves or under a jacket or cardigan. It's perfect for the feminine look, with a blouse, skirt and heels, but can also be combined with pants, even with Adidas track pants ;-)

Mix, don't match. Everything is possible.

Everyone needs at least one spencer in their wardrobe! You can download the knitted spencer BASIC PATTERN in my Etsy shop. Available in English and Dutch version. It's really super easy.

PS: The lilac silk scarf i found at the Sissy Boy outletstore in Breda last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment