Friday, June 15, 2018

medina messi

marrakech october 2014 marrakech october 2014 marrakech october 2014 marrakech october 2014 marrakech october 2014 marrakech october 2014 marrakech october 2014

The sound of kids playing football outside, has the same sound, no matter where in the world you are.


There are Messi's all around the world and it's so special that kids play the same way, wherever you are.

When I'm in Marrakech in the riad, and I hear the kids play football outside and having much fun together, it's the same sound as when I'm at home or somewhere else in Europe.

A long time ago, I had this idea of making a portrait book of Messi kids around the world.
Just a portrait from a boy wearing a Messi shirt (front and the back) with only a name, age, date and place.
I loved the idea that young boys are the all the same. You can spot small boys wearing Messi shirt everywhere.

I regret that I never started making the 'Messi portraits', because it would have been wonderful. I thought it would be a problem to take pictures of children and trouble with rights and privacy etc...
And after some years, when I was in Marrakech in October 2014, we met the neighborhood boys in the street, two of them wearing Messi shirts and I told my friend Ank of this idea of mine. She loved it too and said; you can still do it. I asked the boys if I could take their picture and they were proud to pose for the camera. We treated them on a drink and had fun with the 'team'.

Well the photo's I still have, but the Mondial Messi book never made it.

Today Morocco is playing their first match in the World Cup 2018 and I wish them all the luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment