Wednesday, August 30, 2023
Wednesday 30th of August
Afternoon coffee break in the frontyard. We use our bay window as a serving hatch for breakfast, coffee, lunch or drinks in our 'petit parc parisien'. However one of us has to go to the kitchen again for a refill.
Coffee is served from the bay window in rustic portuguese espresso cups from Casa Cubista Olhão.
I never put these handmade cups in the dishwasher and don't mind washing them by hand.
The huge rubber plant (Ficus elastica) I rescued from the 'sad & damaged houseplant corner' with a few broken leaves in February 2020 and it's starting to look like a tree nowadays.
Monday, August 28, 2023
August is almost over and I'm a bit behind on my blog posts, so here's a hodgepodge-post of the last few weeks.
- surprise visit from Minne & Liam at work
- new old French folding table that we bought at Lammie
- joie de vivre in the backyard
- Liam came over for the night because his parents were having their joint August-birthday-gardenparty
- Sunday evening we went out for dinner at Portúgalia Tasca in Rotterdam. We enjoyed the summer-food and portuguese vibe and had a lovely night and toasted to Pippa's birthday!
- On Monday evening we celebrated our annual Augustus party with all colleagues in the Villa Augustus garden. After dinner a hula hoop session in the orchard and dance party in the Limonaia with Bootsy Paul
- Tuesday with Liam, he chats all day long and is always cheerful and we have lots of fun
- Wednesday at the beach!
Wednesday, August 23, 2023
Wednesday 16th of August
Last Wednesday my friend Ank came by to pick up her french Lammie finds. Together we visited Lammie's wonderful house, a kind of interior inspitation museum really...
Lammie spontaneously invited us for a lovely and delicious lunch and spectacular garden tour! Full of inspiration and packed with new old stuff, we left in the late afternoon.
While enjoying French aperitifs, Ank & I chatted in the backyard about our Paris adventure and Henk prepared a festive summer dinner for us.
Joie de vivre en Août!