Saturday, March 23, 2019

blog versus instagram

woodwoolstool workspace

In 2009 I started my blog.

It's a kind of diary, where I share my passion for photography, interior, travel, art, green and inspiration. Only a few posts every week and after all those years it's still a pleasant way to capture my 'life'.

Blogging is a way to archive my daily activities and besides it's also nice to inspire people.
(It still happens regularly, someone approaches me at work in the market at Villa Augustus or somewhere in a city; "you are woodwoolstool right?" So funny. Of course it is always flattering to meet blog followers and who get inspiration from it.

Visually oriented as I am, my blogs are rather 'photo reports' then extensive stories.

In the pre-Instagram era I read more blogs. It used to be how I started my day, a cup of coffee and reading my blog roll. With the number of blogs I followed, it was clear and took little time and nevertheless provided me with a daily dose of inspiration.

And suddenly there was Instagram.

I've been a fan since the first hour. And yet it is more 'fleeting' and before you know it, you are swiping endlessly. Instagram can be very time-consuming and addictive. Daily dose of inspiration sometimes is an overkill of inspiration.

It may sound a bit old-fashioned, but sometimes I miss that good old blog time.
Do you recognize this? or am I the only one?
Well, as long as I enjoy it I keep blogging (and instagramming)

5 comments:

  1. Zo start ik ook mijn dag; een kop koffie en een aantal blogs lezen.
    Ik kom hier graag meekijken en -lezen.
    Ik zit op Instagram maar vind bloggen op de een of andere manier toch fijner, persoonlijker, minder vluchtig misschien........
    Ik kan gericht kiezen bij wie ik even een kijkje ga nemen.
    Ik wens jullie een hele fijne zondag daar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gelukkig blijf je ook bloggen. Ik heb zelf ook een blog, en vind het nog steeds een mooie manier om te delen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is perfect, please, keep posting, I love reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ingrid, I struggle with the same issues! I started my blog The Style Files in 2006 and during those early years there was this great blogging community. But then blogging became more professional and bloggers are now 'influencers'. Also, social media has become more important. It is hard to keep up with everything and I am not sure I even want to. I really miss those early years! I have been contemplating for years now whether to continue or not and I have not made up my mind yet... Danielle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoi Ingrid, ik vind het nog steeds leuk om eens lekker te lezen op je blog...ik volg je ook op insta trouwens...maar ik vind het fijn om eens lekker te lezen waar je bent geweest of wat je nu allemaal weer hebt gemaakt�� ik lees me ook graag bij op andere blogs...lekker "ouderwets" ��

    ReplyDelete