Monday, April 8, 2019

striped curtain

striped curtains striped curtains striped curtains striped curtains moroccan wool striped curtains striped curtains striped curtains

Spicy stripes for the curtain in the dormer window on our sloping attic room.

A good crochet project to use the colored wool from marrakech, in very easy filet-crochet harlequin pattern. I started it some weeks ago, not knowing what it would be.

Well, in the end it's a 'crocheted curtain anno 2019' and obviously it was not exactly fitting the window size. Do you see the subtle line? I subsequently made it a little bit longer. That's what I like about handmade; never perfect...

The colorful crochet fabric is made horizontal, but I preferred to hang it vertically.

In our (almost) all-white attic bedroom it's okay to use some colour.
I am thrilled with how serene this space turned out with the filtered light. Great atmosphere!

2 comments:

  1. Prachtig! En ik vind je 'overgordijnen' ook heel goed gevonden, hamam-doeken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your curtain. I also made "drapes" (floor to almost-ceiling) for our front reading room in all scraps of wonderful bright colors and hung them at two sides of double windows with sheers in the center. Love them. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete